Hey, hey! It’s Friday! I made it, you made it…we made it!
To celebrate the weekend, I’m offering a great deal for you. A free bottle of 100% pure, medicinal quality lemon essential oil!
Yeah, free! With any purchase you make from Imani Natural, get a free 1/6oz bottle of lemon oil by using the code “GREENFREE” at checkout!
But, what is lemon oil good for?
Lemon is arguably the most useful of all of the essential oils available. It can be used in cooking, cleaning products, laundry detergents, aromatherapy, and so much more! In order to help you best use your complimentary oil, I’m giving you 29 different ways to use lemon in your day-to-day life.
1. Morning wellness drink. I’m sure we’ve all heard the benefits of drinking warm water with lemon in the morning. Did you know that you can use lemon essential oil instead of fresh lemon? It’s what I use! If you’d like an extra kick, you can even add some organic apple cider vinegar.
2. Bathroom cleaner. DIY your own shower spray! Add 20 drops of lemon essential oil, 2 cups of water, and 2 tablespoons of unscented castile soap to a spray bottle, shake it real good, and spray on your bathtub and shower. Let it sit for a little bit, then come back and wipe it clean!
3. All purpose cleaner. Mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1-1/2 cups distilled water, and 25 drops of lemon oil in a glass spray bottle, shake it up, and use it on countertops, glass, etc.!
4. Natural pesitcide. Mix water and lemon oil in a spray bottle, and spray on your garden to keep pests away! They hate citrus.
5. Removing dish stains. I use my Chemex every single morning, but I don’t always rinse it out immediately (I know, shame on me!). After a while, it can be really hard to get the coffee stains off the glass. Soak your dishes for a couple hours in a solution of water, white vinegar, and a couple drops of lemon oil, and the stains will wipe right off.
6. Cocktails. I use lemon oil in cocktails all the time. One of my favorite mixed drinks is vodka soda with lemon & lime! Just add 1.5oz vodka with 1 cup club soda and add 1-2 drops of lemon oil (add lime, too, if you like the flavor).
7. Mock LaCroix. You can make a much cheaper version of Lemon LaCroix! Just buy a 1 liter bottle of plain club soda, pour it on ice and add 1-2 drops of lemon oil.
8. Mood boost. Diffuse lemon oil into the air for an uplifting mood booster. Citrus oil increases energy and lifts your spirits!
9. Hand soap. Add a few drops of lemon oil to unscented castile soap for a DIY, all-natural hand soap.
10. Cooking. I use lemon oil in so many meals! You can’t necessarily replace lemon oil with actual lemon juice if your recipe calls for it, but you can use lemon oil to add flavor to dishes! Add to cooked quinoa for extra flavor, add it to a pan with chicken as you cook it, or add it to dips like guacamole to keep it fresh.
11. Laundry freshener. Have you ever put a load in the washer only to forget to put it in the dryer until the next day? Then your clothes smell like mildew? No, just me? Well, if you can relate, you can run your damp, mildewy clothes through a short load with a few drops of lemon essential oil to freshen them up without using any more detergent. Quick fix!
12. Silver polish. Renew your silverware by adding a few drops of lemon oil to a damp cloth and rubbing it on your silverware.
13. Cutting boards. If you use wood cutting boards, you know that mildew and mold can grow in even the smallest of places (and, really, they like growing there), especially in damp wood. Spritz your cutting board with a little bit of distilled water and lemon oil to kill off some bacteria.
14. Cold remedy. Lemon oil works wonders when you’re sick with a cold! Instead of adding fresh lemon to herbal tea, add a drop or two of lemon oil. It’s a lot more potent! Check out my other herbal remedies for the cold here.
15. Cold remedy (pt.2). In addition to ingesting the oil in an herbal tea, you can diffuse lemon oil while using your shower to create a steam room in your bathroom and clear up congestion!
16. Antifungal nail solution. If you have pesky fungus on your nails or toenails, a little lemon oil can help!
17. Baking. Add a little bit of lemon oil to frosting, meringue, or glaze to add some zest to your baked goods.
18. Sanitize your toothbrush. Add a couple drops of lemon oil to a glass of distilled water, and whisk your toothbrush in it to get rid of built up residue.
19. Heal canker sores. Add a drop or two to a glass of water, and swish around in your mouth like mouthwash.
20. Clean your toilet bowl. Add a few drops to your toilet bowl along with baking soda to get rid of stains.
21. De-grease tools and cooking supplies. Soak your tools, pots, or pans in some water with lemon oil, then rinse with water and a wash cloth to remove grease.
22. Hand sanitizer. Add a drop of lemon to your palm and rub into your hands after using a public restroom that’s out of soap. I keep a bottle of lemon oil in my purse at all times because of how often I use it in circumstances like these.
23. Keep produce fresh. Wash your fruit and vegetables in a bowl of water with a couple drops of lemon oil, and it will prolong the shelf life.
24. Sanitize your dirty rags. If your kitchen rags need a little more love than just a cycle throug hthe washing machine, fill a bowl with distilled water and a couple drops of lemon oil, and soak them overnight.
25. Soften callouses on your skin. Put a drop of lemon oil on the balls of your feet, your heels, or your hands in areas that are calloused. Warning: if you apply any citrus oil to your skin and then spend time in the sun, you put yourself at risk for burning. Do not use lemon oil on your skin unless you plan to stay indoors and away from the sun.
26. Natural “goo-gone” imitation. Apply a couple drops to sticky surfaces and let sit for a few minutes before scrubbing clean.
27. Air freshener. Use in your diffuser to get rid of odors in the air (laundry room & bathrooms are a great place for this). If you get a car diffuser, you can also do this in your vehicle.
28. Afternoon pick-me-up at work. Get a USB diffuser and diffuse some lemon oil in the afternoon instead of reaching for that 5th cup of coffee. JK, you can do both.
29. Label remover. If you enjoy crafting or DIY projects and like to reuse glass jars, but hate the label removal process, you can soak jars in a bowl of water with lemon oil, and the label should come off much more easily.
As you can see, there are so many uses for lemon! It’s truly one of the most diverse essential oils. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m hungry for something with lemon in it. Chicken, salad dressing…ok, let’s be honest…lemon tart. Lemon cookies. Lemon bars. YUM.
If you’re interested in using lemon oil for any of these things, don’t forget to use the code “GREENFREE” with your purchase of any item from Imani Natural to get a free bottle of it!